Egton Medical Information Systems Limited (EMIS Health) (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
Scope of policy
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the applicable data privacy legislation, the ‘data controller’ in respect of any personal data we collect about you as an individual end user is EMIS Health. In respect of any personal data which you access using the App (including, that contained in any patient records) or which you input into the App regarding third parties then EMIS Health is a ‘data processor’ only (and the Customer is the relevant data controller).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms when downloading or registering the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any of the Services, subscribing to any of the Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App or any of the Services. This also includes information provided when submitting or updating an EMIS Customer Reference (ECR) query which can be accessed via the ECR online tracker at http://etracker.e-mis.co.uk/(S(j40hth45acx5ka551nyljf55))/logon.aspx or contacting EMIS Health support as well as information provided when creating a user account within EMIS Health clinical systems.
- as noted above, data which you input to the App (to be uploaded to the relevant Customer’s clinical health system) is controlled by the Customer and its use (from our perspective) is subject to the terms of the main Customer licence (and from your perspective, it will be your terms of employment or engagement as appropriate).
- if you contact us: (i) we may keep a record of that correspondence and your phone calls with us may be recorded for training purposes; (ii) we may ask if you want to complete optional surveys that we use for research purposes; (iii) we may keep a record of details of transactions you carry out through any of our sites; and (iv) details of your visits to any of our sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Device information: we may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device's or computer's unique identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers (we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers). We may associate Device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- location information: when you use one of our location-enabled Services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by writing.
- log information: when you use the Services or view content on our sites, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, including but not limited to internet protocol addresses, internet service provider, clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
- unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. For the avoidance of doubt, security arrangements in respect of your use of the App are to be agreed as between you and the relevant Customer.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Your information is securely held at our data centres and protected by industry-standard security techniques.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted Information: to verify the user credentials you log in to the App with.
- Device information: to form part of the authentication process to synchronise the Device and pair it with the relevant Customer’s clinical healthcare system.
- location information: to utilise the mapping features within the App.
- log information: to cache information on the Device securely.
- unique application numbers: to form part of the authentication process to synchronise the device and pair it with the relevant Customer’s clinical healthcare system.
- Additional information: to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device; to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, when you choose to do so; to notify you about changes to the Services.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- as necessary to deliver the Services.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if EMIS Health or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Rawdon House, Green Lane, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7BY or by email to email@example.com.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The relevant data privacy legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.