Helping you to provide safe, effective care
Our urgent and emergency care system, Symphony, has been designed by clinicians to provide you with a clinically rich systems that improves patient safety. Used in over 100 emergency departments in the UK and overseas, Symphony helps clinicians to provide safe and effective care by making sure that the right information is at their fingertips.
Centralised information for more efficient working
Having all patient information in one central record in the emergency department saves time for clinicians, administrators and patients by reducing repeat requests for information and time spent accessing paper-based records. Efficiency and communication between primary and secondary care settings is improved, as information from Symphony can flow through to electronic discharge letters to GPs and patients.
Submitting reports for industry standards regulators is fast and efficient – the system fully supports delivery of all Commissioning Data Sets for unscheduled care departments, including delivery of information to support College of Emergency Medicine Clinical Quality Indicators for emergency departments.
Our urgent and emergency care modules include:
- Child Protection Information Sharing - improves child health with information sharing between social services and emergency departments
- Eye Casualty – an intuitive system for eye casualty teams to accurately record all assessment, triage, examination, treatment follow up and discharge information for their patients
- Discharge Summaries – automatically generates discharge information to GPs, enabling hospitals to meet 24-hour discharge summary targets
- Draw No More – clinicians can replace paper-based documents by drawing patient diagnoses effortlessly on an electronic canvas; this’ll then become part of the patient’s electronic medical record
- Emergency Triage – real-time triage system built by the Manchester Triage Group to ensure patients are treated effectively and efficiently
- Summary Care Record – provides clinicians with a summary view of GP information to inform clinical decisions
- GP Data Viewer – primary care data from GP systems via the Medical Interoperability Gateway (MIG) provides real-time decision making and improves patient care
- Patient Information Display – gain a real-time display of patient waiting times to review current activity levels and provide instant reports.