NHS England require at least 10% of your registered patients to be using one or more online service by 31 March 2017. There are lots of things that you can do to help drive awareness and engagement of Patient Access with your patients - to support you in this, we’re offering our advice and resources.
Hints and tips to increase your practice's Patient Access registrations:
- allow patients to register online
- increase the number of appointments you offer online
- promote repeat prescription requests using a message on the right hand side of Patient Access
- advocate the service by updating your website and promoting it through your call waiting message
- utilise your waiting room screen to promote Patient Access and its benefits
- create a customised guest WiFi highlighting the benefits of the service
- use your email signature to remind your colleagues about Patient Access
- encourage and promote Patient Access via Patient Partner Groups (PPG)
- use the leaflets, posters and flyers provided by NHS England and ourselves - see below for more information
- encourage you colleagues to talk to your patients regularly about the benefits of Patient Access
To help you promote Patient Access to your patients, we have developed posters, appointment cards and flyers which you can download and print:
- Poster (A2)
- Poster (A3)
- Poster (A4)
- Appointment cards
- Flyer for patients
- Twitter graphics for you to use on your accounts
If you’d like us to send you some copies of the posters, appointment cards and flyers please contact email@example.com
In addition to our resources, NHS England also offer a range of guidance and promotional material. You can find these here: NHS England Patient Online.
NHS England are also running a series of free, weekly sessions to help you and your patients get the most out of online services. The sessions started on the 24 November, will run through until March 2017 and last between 45-60 minutes. The sessions are recorded for anyone who can’t make the live sessions. For more information and to register for any session, click here.