With our clinical experience, specialist knowledge and technical expertise, we can help you to make your palliative services dignified, personalised and safe. It’s part of how we’re working to ensure that everyone can live well towards the end of their lives.
Making EMIS Web work for hospice
We work with more than 10,000 organisations across the UK, including 30 hospices using EMIS Web. The system can be specifically tailored and configured to suit your needs and can be linked with GP records to provide access to all the patient information you need, when you need it.
Improve patient experience while supporting their choices
We’re making integration with GP records easier, creating the potential for instant access to patient records. This means you can access all the details you need to meet not only your patient’s physical requirements, but their social, emotional and wider holistic requirements too.
EMIS Web allows you to easily make informed, safe and tailored decisions:
- access and update data relating to your patient’s entire healthcare journey in real time
- view patients’ care plans, including details on their family, carers and wishes
- ensure clinical safety by entering and viewing data in a clear and standardised format.
By using EMIS Web since April 2015, East Cheshire Hospice in Macclesfield has been able to provide effective end-of-life care for hundreds of patients:
Integration and interoperability helps you to provide all-encompassing care:
We use a variety of integration methods to make vital data available, joining up our own systems and products across GP, hospice and community settings. In fact, our integration is second to none.
EMIS Mobile lets you provide palliative care in the most appropriate place:
84% of hospice care is delivered through day services or at home, so having flexible access to patient information is vital. EMIS Mobile gives you access to the core elements of EMIS Web on a tablet. It means you’re no longer without the support, systems and data you need, making it easier to provide care in patients’ homes or at their bedside. You’ll also be able to update records and record the consultation in real-time, without the need to travel back to your computer.
Better plan and manage your care
We provide bespoke training services so that you can really make the most of EMIS Web. Our training covers topics like:
- templates - so that you can ensure consistent data collection
- capacity and booking management – helping you to make your staff coordination, diary management, risk stratification and session planning more efficient.
Make your services more efficient and cost effective
Our ability to interoperate with different systems and provide real-time access to patient records helps to not just improve patient experience, but processes too:
- Hospice in the Weald have taken back time with straightforward data entry in EMIS Web
- East Cheshire Hospice are securely sharing vital data with other organisations as part of the national Electronic Palliative Care Co-ordination Systems (EPaCCS)
- minimise delays across settings by securely sharing data via configurable data sets.
And if that’s not enough, optimised care can mean reduced operational and financial costs as well.
Meet and exceed national strategies
- Future-proof your care - and keep in line with local and national drivers for recording end-of-life assessment, planning and patient preferences - by using electronic records.
- Find your needs constantly supported with ever-evolving products that comply with safety and regulatory guidelines.
- Know that your feedback is actioned by speaking to your dedicated programme manager.
We understand that you’re a charity and that every penny counts. That’s why we’ve developed a range of solutions to suit a range of budgets.