EMIS Health’s Domiciliary Care solution allows community service organisations to put patients at the centre of the services they provide. Used by district nursing services, non-profit and private domiciliary care providers and palliative care organisations, our solution is an integrated patient record that improves operational efficiency to deliver safer patient care.
Patients may receive multiple care services from multiple providers across different funding streams. Being fully integrated, the solution allows patient data to be entered once via the easy to use graphical interface saving time for administrators and care staff and reducing transcription errors that occur across multiple paper records.
Delivering specialised care by appropriately qualified staff is efficiently managed through the configurable patient assessment tools to build tailored care plans and the automatic search and matching function locates appropriately qualified care providers who meet the requirements of the patients care plan.
The domiciliary care modules include:
- Referral and patient registration - easy to use management tool for the referral processing of all patients and organisations whether internal or external, allocating a unique registration number to each patient to ensure safety of care delivery
- Staff management – care provider type module allowing staff to be grouped into types and skills sets and matched to the appropriate requirements of the patient’s care plan
- Financial management – to manage fee schedules, billing for care services and multiple funding streams in the payment of care services
- Recording service – a record of actual services delivered that can be modified in real time, managing exceptions such as care provider illness, public holidays and unallocated visits
- Assessment – a user defined authoring tool to construct assessment templates for the development of care plansand automated reminders when patient reviews are required
- Care planning and outcomes management – permits the creation of standard and tailored care plans detailing the service to be delivered. The assessment tool can be used to manage the patient care outcome when measured against the goal of the care plan
- Reporting – to create standard and tailored reports for analytical and statistical purposes
- Call centre – an optional module for organisations wishing to centralise the intake process that integrates with a telephony system providing full call centre capability and voice recording application for inbound and outbound phone calls.