Constantly fluctuating bed occupancy, from planned and emergency admissions, discharges and transfer between ward areas means that bed occupancy is the one of the most challenging areas within a hospital to effectively manage.
Having real-time bed state information helps you make more informed management and care decisions.
Ensure at ward and hospital level, you have a real-time view of your bed management
- Our Bed Management App brings together key patient flow principles to provide a real time Bed State view, enabling you to proactively manage bed occupancy and deal with crisis and seasonal pressures.
- The app facilitates real-time recording of Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) and automatically updates the PAS to ensure that, at ward and hospital level, bed information is accurate and timely.
Provide an improved discharge process, reducing lengths of stay in hospital for patients
- By having a real-time identification of bed blocks, discharge dependencies and bed availability, you can move patients through their care pathway quickly and efficiently.
- You can reduce administration for staff by removing the need to check paper based bed charts.
- Having a more efficient discharge process through real-time allocation and pre-allocation, means that lengths of stay are reduced for patients.
Peace of mind
- Bed and patient status data provide the information you need to make more informed decisions on patient movements, by showing both available and closed beds.
- Our business intelligence reporting solution can provide management with detailed reporting and analysis of bed capacity in an easy-to-use graphical dashboard view.
- You can integrate the bed management application to other systems such as Emergency Department or PAS, to ensure you have a consistent patient record trust wide.