Whether it’s due to planned and emergency admissions or discharges and transfers between ward areas, bed occupancy is one of the most challenging areas within a hospital to manage effectively. Our Bed Management App helps to tackle these challenges. Providing you with real-time bed state information, it means you can make more informed management and care decisions.
Giving wards and hospitals a real-time view of thier bed management
- Our Bed Management App brings together key patient flow principles to provide a real-time bed state view.
- This helps you to proactively manage bed occupancy and deal with crisis and seasonal pressures.
- The app supports real-time recording of Admission, Discharge and Transfer (ADT) and automatically updates the PAS.
- This ensures that, at ward and hospital level, bed information is accurate and timely.
Provide an improved discharge process, reducing lengths of stay in hospital for patients
- By having a real-time view of bed blocks, discharge dependencies and bed availability, you can move patients through their care pathway quickly and efficiently.
- You can reduce administration for staff by removing the need to check paper-based bed charts.
- Having a more efficient discharge process through real-time allocation and pre-allocation means that lengths of stay are reduced for patients.
Giving you peace of mind
- By showing both available and closed beds, bed and patient status data provide the information you need to make more informed decisions on patient movements.
- Our business intelligence reporting solution can provide management with detailed reporting and analysis of bed capacity in an easy-to-use graphical dashboard view.
- You can integrate our Bed Management App with other systems – including your emergency department system or PAS – to ensure a consistent patient record across your trust.