Underpinned by market leading technology and targeted for general release in spring 2021, EMIS-X Document Manager will be the first clinical application available on EMIS-X and represents an important step in delivering EMIS’ vison of enabling an integrated healthcare ecosystem.
Built using existing and emerging national standards such as GP Connect and FHIR, EMIS-X Document Manager will better support transfer of care, eDischarges, community pharmacy messaging, and federated consultations. The new application will integrate fully with EMIS Web and deliver new functionality to support GP practice and CCG document management needs.
Key benefits will include:
- configurable tasks and workflows, enabling documents to be sent to the most appropriate team or person
- intelligent coding suggestions to help ensure important information isn’t missed
- auto-sync with EMIS Web ensures you always have the right patient in context
- side-by-side view with patients’ care records
- single sign on via EMIS Web allowing you to maintain users, passwords and permissions in one centralised system
- live dashboards, providing at-a-glance views of work assigned to teams or individual users
EMIS-X Document Manager will meet all accreditation criteria for the new GP IT Futures framework for supply of IT systems and services to the GP market in England, making it easy for customers to select and procure.
Suzy Foster, EMIS CEO, said: “As the UK’s leading healthcare provider, it’s essential that our solutions keep pace with the evolving needs of GP practices, CCGs and patients in today’s fast moving, connected health environment. In this context, the ability to easily and securely access patient records, documents and data across disparate systems and providers is more critical than ever.
“With the burden of document management increasing, modern technologies provide the key for practices to be able to better handle information and provide excellent levels of care for their patients. This is an important addition to our next generation of products and I’m really excited about how EMIS-X Document Manager will enable us to better support our customers’ needs."