EMIS are aware that in the next few years urgent care will be revolutionised by new Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) services. Providing the capability to flow patients quickly and efficiently to the appropriate department/ SDEC, between SDEC’s and in both an urgent / scheduled way, whilst transferring relevant information with the patient.
Symphony is changing too. In the latest release we have worked hard on some exciting key features to enable our customers:
- Better use of departments & locations to provide specific SDEC care by customising and defining departmental tracking grids
- The ability to transfer information recorded in one department to another department to ease ongoing care whilst avoiding duplication across urgent care environments
- The ability to create multiple appointment / schedule types across various locations or departments, scheduling unscheduled care!
- Visibility of the total time in department, in all departments/SDEC’s
- The ability to stop the clock and have ‘off clock’ as well as ‘on clock’ areas
- The ability to see patient level data in symphony from any web browser
Of course, as SDEC progresses so will the symphony proposition we will be doing all the background work for the latest ECDS (v3.0) changes.
The session will also look at other Symphony modules which are being developed. These include:
- 111 appointment module
- GP Connect Viewer
- Symphony Web Viewer