One in seven of us are at high risk of developing diabetes and that number is rising. Diabetes costs the NHS over £10 billion a year of which up to 80% is spent on preventable complications (Diabetes UK).
Population profiling, joined-up technology and patient involvement can all help to reduce the devastating effects of diabetes.
With EMIS Web, you can:
- identify at risk patients
- share data across organisations for better care
- measure performance across your locality
- inform and educate professionals, carers and patients
- involve patients in their own care.
Diabetes prevention can lower instances of diabetes by 26%:
- advice, tips, forums and blogs are available at Patient.info.
Early detection and cost effective therapy means better outcomes and lower costs:
- Qdiabetes allows GPs to calculate a patient’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- GPs can identify those at risk of hospital admissions with Risk Stratification
- secondary care clinicians can digitally share blood test results and clinical letters with primary care.
Helping patients to self-manage their condition
Sharing data for better care:
- interoperability between primary, secondary and community organisations means everyone has a complete view of each patient’s care
- EMIS Mobile allows community nurses to securely access EMIS Web on the move
- Electronic prescribing allows GPs and practice nurses to send prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of the patient's choice.
Understanding your population and measuring the success of local initiatives: